For our Retention/Lifecycle Marketing Manager you are a highly analytical person with a proven track record of driving and accelerating revenue growth to increase retention within customer segments. You roll up your sleeves to execute effectively, and iterate quickly with A/B testing and experimentation. You’re passionate about ensuring our client’s customers become customers for life and are focused on increasing customer LTV. You have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing customer retention campaigns and are obsessed with analytics and very strong at financial modeling. You can’t wait to spend your afternoon figuring out how to drive down CAC, increase LTV, analyze cohorts and dive deep into data to make impactful decisions.
Responsible To | CEO, Head of Strategy
External Relationships | Clients, Partners, Media, Internal
Hours | Full-time
Key Owned Deliverables
- Develop the strategy and lead the execution of the Retention marketing programs across email, push, SMS, and CRM marketing initiatives. Partner cross-functionally to execute personalized customer experiences and segmentation programs that drive customer engagement and repeat conversion.
- Define customer segmentation, perform cohort analysis, measure and regularly report on key retention KPIs.
- Own, define, deploy, and optimize retention marketing programs inclusive of email, SMS and loyalty communication strategies.
- Define, execute, measure and improve winback strategies to engage the file.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the leadership team and clients including detailed campaign performance.
- Identify and propose opportunities to optimize customer retention and loyalty programs for each client based on clear understanding of client goals and needs.
- Analyze site metrics and sales information to identify opportunities to increase sales and site conversion.
- Manage and develop one direct report who supports retention driving initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with development, design, data/analytics and editorial to design, build and execute automated, triggered, lifecycle and ad-hoc campaigns across direct marketing user journeys (email, SMS, and other messaging delivery applications).
- Identify and execute on opportunities to increase sales and site conversion.
- Support ongoing testing and segmentation tactics for all channels to ensure continued innovation and optimization for engagement and retention.
Areas of Knowledge and Skill
- 2+ years in an early-stage growth retention marketing role, including at least 1 year in an e-commerce, direct-to-consumer role.
- Ability to multi-task and tackle challenges that differ client to client, quickly and thoughtfully
- Expert in all things Google Analytics! You have a critical understanding of the levers and tools to use in GA to help assess, define and optimize your strategic marketing plan.
- Familiarity with other analytics or attribution platforms like Glew, GA4 and Shopify are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze data, generate reports and organize large pieces of data.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment and do whatever it takes to get the job done!
- Experience with Klaviyo tools and how they work with best-in-class eComm apps.
- Experience growing customer email file, creating and executing B2C nurture campaigns and email flows
- Experience building and growing the SMS list as well as creating and executing campaigns
- Experience working with Smile.io or other loyalty programs.
- Strong data background as well as experience with brand strategy a must, copywriting experience a plus.